Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.
Life transitions, even the positive ones, can often leave us feeling stressed, confused and vulnerable. Change, whether wanted or unexpected, can provide opportunities to become stronger, more confident, and more skilled.
Common Life Transitions
Some of the most common life transitions I can help you navigate are:
- Empty nest syndrome
- Breakup, separation or divorce
- Infidelity recovery
- Change in career or job loss
- Financial gain/loss
- Serious illness or disability
- Issues pertaining to aging
- Failing health or disability of a loved one
- Death of a loved one
- Questioning your faith
- Changing sexual or gender identity
- Beginning college
- Getting married
- Having a child, parenting challenges
- Moving to a new place, new community
Is it Time to Speak to Someone?
Sometimes we can handle change and adversity by ourselves and sometimes we need a little help. Talking with a friend or family member can often do the trick, but there are times when you might want to speak freely without filtering what you say–without worrying about being judged, hurting someone’s feelings, receiving unsolicited advice, or having what you share not be kept confidential.
I’m here to listen to you in an open, encouraging environment where you can speak candidly as you explore what is interfering with your life right now. We’ll work together to help you:
- recover from past pains or fears
- explore your dreams and needs
- choose what is helpful for you at this juncture
- build on your strengths and talents so you can live the life you want