Rates & Insurance
- $150 for 60 minute individual therapy session
- $125 for individual student or senior citizen session
- $175 for 60 minute couple or family therapy session
- $150 for 60 minute couple or family therapy session (senior citizens and students)
Please note that payment is due at the time of service. I accept all major credit cards, cash, check, and Health Savings Account cards as forms of payment. Payment options are established through the Patient Portal after we have established care.
I do not bill insurance companies directly, and am not on insurance panels. If you have a health insurance or employee benefit plan, it might reimburse you for my services. You can ask your insurance carrier the following:
- Does my health insurance plan reimburse for Out-of-Network outpatient mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many mental health counseling sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- How much will I be reimbursed (in dollars)?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Choosing to pay privately (as opposed to through your insurance directly) helps to ensure your utmost confidentiality and privacy in our work. Information about the nature of your treatment and the issues discussed in sessions remain solely between you and me. I do not need to release your confidential health records to any third party without your consent, and the duration of your care is determined by you and me, not an insurance company.
Not spending my efforts on pursuing insurance payments from each unique policy allows me to invest more time and energy focusing on your needs, maintaining my ongoing education and training, and remaining fresh to best serve you.